Friday, July 10, 2009

D -1

Well my due date is tomorrow and let me start off by saying I think due dates are highly overrated.  How many of us know someone who actually gave birth on their due date?  I sure don't know of anyone.  For this reason I'm not getting my hopes up that I'll have any miraculous experiences tomorrow, but instead I'm just trying to enjoy my days with 1 child while I have the time to actually spend with her.  

My mom is coming up tonight and will be staying with me until the baby decides to come which is a huge relief.  I think I'm more concerned about how McKenna will react to this whole thing than anything else.  I'm sure she'll have a great time with Grandma while we are "busy" at the hospital and probably won't even notice we've been gone - at least that's what I'm telling myself.

I have finished my "to do" list before the baby comes and even completed some of the items on Steve's "to do" list for him as well (I should note that I made up his list for him and I feel like the items on it are important even though he may not).  I couldn't sleep the other night because some of those tasks weren't done so I did the essential ones myself (clean out the nursery and raise the crib) and last night I slept much better.

Here's hoping my next post will contain some cute photos and good news, but let's just say I'm not getting my hopes up that it'll be anytime soon.  

On a side note, I just realized today that this child has a better than most chance of sharing her birthday with a Great Grandpa.  My Papa was born today, my Grandpa West was born tomorrow, and Steve's Grandpa Vaile was born on Monday.  I'm not sure what the  significance would be to share a birthday with one of them - just a special date I guess,  because fortunately I won't be naming her after any of them.  A little girl named Frank, Norris, or Rodford is just not a good idea in my opinion.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Good luck!!! Looking forward to hearing how labor #2 goes! (seriously. I think every woman who has given birth develops an intense fascination with every other woman's birth stories!)

I'm sure everything will go well and that pictures will be cute!!!

Paula said...

I'm excited for you! Hope everything goes well for you (or went well...??) As for those names, you can come up with some creative names I bet, mixing them up...Rory, Francis, Franketta, OK maybe not the last one, but wouldn't it be fun? Just kiddin but hope all is well with you!

Stephen said...

I bet your husband got a lot done and I would also bet that your list was a lot shorter then his. He seems like a responsible guy and so he has probably made a list of his own which he is quietly working on.

Mary said...

Can't wait for the pics. Hope she does get to share her psecial day with a Grandpa--but glad to her you won't be naming her after one of them. You're such a crack up. Yeah for Moms!!