Whenever people talk about their anniversaries, or how long they've been in a relationship they usually say something like "I can't believe it's been 'blank' years". With Steve and I, I've always felt the opposite. I can't believe it's only been 5 years. Steve and I met almost 10 years ago when I moved to Calgary in 1999 - we attended the same ward at church and continued to do so right up until my mission in 2002. We kept in touch throughout my mission and were married exactly 6 months after I returned home. I knew after our first date that Steve would be a significant part of my life and I'm glad he had the patience to wait around for me until I was ready to be married.
I married Steve because he always makes me feel special and adored and I knew he would always take care of me. He is a man with very strong convictions and beliefs and I love that I can always count on him to be the rock in our family. He is a phenomenal Dad as I always knew he would be. He's a kid at heart and I hope he never loses that ability to just have fun. I love him and I can't imagine my life without him.

2 comments:
Youe mama had tears reading this. Nice to hear of your feelings after 5 years. We are sure glad
Steve hung around too. I am a lucky mom to have you both!! Glad to have you visit and celebrate your anniversary here. Luv ya....
Awww, how sweet. Congrats on the 5 years! I totally agree with you on the time. It feels like forever! Your wedding photos are beautiful. They belong in a catalog!
Post a Comment