Saturday, July 18, 2009

D + 7

As of today I'm 1 week overdue. I was due on the 11th, last Saturday and come this morning still no baby. I had a feeling this was what was going to happen. Thankfully I'm not terribly uncomfortable (other than being hot during the day but I think everyone feels that way) and I haven't gained any weight, nor has the baby grown any bigger since about 38 weeks. I wasn't overdue with McKenna but I had to be induced because my labor didn't progress after my water broke. We had an ultrasound of Baby Sister yesterday which was great. I've never had an ultrasound when I've been this far along and it was really interesting. She looks great, is for sure a girl (we double checked) and is looking like she'll come out just over 8 lbs. It was a relief to see that all is well with her although she did look pretty squished in there.

The plan is to have another ultrasound on Monday to recheck everything (fluid level etc.), and then induce mid week - probably Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm nervous about being induced again even though my induction with McKenna was great - it went nice and slow and I was able to manage without an epidural. However, I hear that inductions for the most part aren't always that pleasant. I guess we'll just take what comes and hope for the best.

Here's hoping my next post will actually contain pictures about this little girl and not another overdue update.

1 comment:

Julie said...

oh my goodness! Best of luck! The ultrasound sounds like it would've been really neat!

Stay cool :D