My baby is growing up. I admit it and I also admit that I'm kind of sad about it. Since McKenna was a few months old she has sucked on her two middle fingers of her right hand to soothe herself. Anytime she was tired, nervous, or just needed some comfort, in they'd go.
We've moved McKenna into her new room and new big bed and sometime in the midst of that, all on her own, she's given up the fingers. Maybe subconsciously she thought that giving them up was a part of moving out of the nursery and crib or maybe she just doesn't need them anymore, I'm not sure. Unfortunately our bedtime routine has gotten harder as a result because she just doesn't fall asleep as quickly and can't seem to get herself back to sleep if she wakes up. Hopefully she figures out a new way to calm herself soon because I feel like I'm doing the sleep training all over again.
Anyways, here's a few photos of the fingers over the past 2 years. Fingers, we'll miss you and your calming effect, but I guess I should be glad. There was no fight or struggle to get her to give it up and I don't have to worry about her sucking on her fingers when she goes off to university.
We've moved McKenna into her new room and new big bed and sometime in the midst of that, all on her own, she's given up the fingers. Maybe subconsciously she thought that giving them up was a part of moving out of the nursery and crib or maybe she just doesn't need them anymore, I'm not sure. Unfortunately our bedtime routine has gotten harder as a result because she just doesn't fall asleep as quickly and can't seem to get herself back to sleep if she wakes up. Hopefully she figures out a new way to calm herself soon because I feel like I'm doing the sleep training all over again.
Anyways, here's a few photos of the fingers over the past 2 years. Fingers, we'll miss you and your calming effect, but I guess I should be glad. There was no fight or struggle to get her to give it up and I don't have to worry about her sucking on her fingers when she goes off to university.




2 comments:
so cute! I love that you have a documentation of the comforting effects of the fingers! and also yay that she's given it up herself - aren't you glad you have a new new baby on the way to fill the baby gap? :) i'm already finding myself a little baby hungry, and mine is not even 8 months old yet! :)
To cute! Ya, be glad she gave it up, I have a 3 year old that still sucks his thumb! It's frustrating!! She is so adorable. I can't wait to see pics of the new little one.
Post a Comment