Friday, May 29, 2009

The last while...

Instead of posting 4 or 5 entries of what we've been up to (or more importantly what McKenna has been up to) I thought I'd just combine them all into one. So here we go.

McKenna once again loves her baths. We usually have one together in the morning (because I'm too tired to get up earlier than her) and it's a good way to keep an eye on her while I'm getting ready. As soon as I start the bath water running, she's right there trying to get out of her clothes (my mother tells me this is something that I use to do as a child). Luckily our bathtub is quite large so we both fit in nicely - even with my 8 month pregnant belly.



We completed the momentous occasion of moving McKenna out of the nursery and into her own room. I was really nervous about it, but thankfully she loves it! I'll post more pictures once I have a chance to get the final touches on her room, but basically we went with pink as the main color and green as an accent - the exact opposite of the nursery. We've had a few unsuccessful naps - by that I mean she gets out of bed turns on the light and plays instead of napping - but even then at least she stays in her room and has some quiet time.



Finally the weather has cooperated enough that we've made it out to the zoo again a few times over the past few weeks. McKenna continues to absolutely love the animals and is even getting pretty familiar with where everything is at the zoo.


I tried my hardest last week to take a nice "posed" picture of McKenna before church. She looked so cute in her new dress. I like to think this next shot is her paparazzi pose.

And she doesn't look pleased in this one either, but I still thought it was cute.


In other news, Baby-Sister is right on track for growth. The due date is coming up soon, but not soon enough in my opinion. I finished work last weekend which I thought would be difficult, but it's a huge relief not having to always be thinking ahead to the next work weekend.

Steve's been busy at work and at home. He's almost finished all his projects that I've asked him to do before the baby comes. The basement is pretty much done as well as McKenna's room. He always tells people he has one final walk-through to do - which is basically me telling him all the final touches that need to be done (Ie. change light fixture in McKenna's room, finish adding the hardward on the built-in, paint and attach the under-the-stairs cupboard door... that's just a few), but at least the main projects are completed and they look great.

Hopefully I'll get a few more posts in here before I go on "new baby hiatus" which will happen sometime around the middle of July - my bet is the 15th.
Take Care!

3 comments:

DaVeeda West said...

I loved it all. Better still is to be with you in person . You have such a little sweetheart and if fun to visit and she is so much like her mommy in many ways. Glad you get more room in the tub than I ever did. Ha!!!

Mary said...

Her hair is getting long! Those pretty big brown eyes . . . love the room. Nice shade of pink too . . . Bridget wants her room pink and I just can't swallow it . . . I think I could handle it that shade--very nice!

Can't wait for pics of the newest little angel. Take care old friend.

Julie said...

I love how you've got McKenna's name on her wall! nicely done! And she's getting so big!