Friday, February 20, 2009

Ranch = Relax

McKenna and I have gone out of town to visit my parents twice in the past 2 weeks. It's always great to get out of the city and relax. Our basic routine at the ranch involves getting up in the morning, going out on the ranch with Grandpa, nap, going outside to play in the yard or go on a walk, bathtime and then bedtime. That schedule applies to not only McKenna but me too. I think all I do is sleep and eat when I go to the ranch. It's great!

The weather was so nice that we went out and fed the cows, horses, dogs, cats, and basically anything that moves every day. Last summer McKenna was quite nervous of the horses but this year she just runs right up to them. Her favorite thing to do is give animals "snuggles" and I think our horse Bandit got his fair share of those while we were there. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures as handling a 2 year old around big animals is work enough and I didn't have an extra hand to take any pictures. Next time when Steve's with us I'll be sure to snap a few.

McKenna has finally started liking her baths again. She loved them as a baby but about 3 months ago she decided they were just an interruption to her play time. Here's a few pics of her in the tub at Grandma and Grandpa's house.



My Dad and I both share a love of ice cream. As a kid growing up we usually had a bowl after dinner a few nights a week. McKenna was more than happy to join in with our love and share a bowl with Grandpa. It was a sticky mess, but well worth it. She just kept saying "yummy!".


Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for a great couple of weeks entertainment and rest. I'm sure we'll be back soon!

3 comments:

Julie said...

you've got a gorgeous little girl, and you take great pictures!

and congrats on the bun in the oven!

Mary said...

Nothing better than being home . . . and sharing it with your own little girl. Love those big gorgeous eyes!

Janell said...

Ice cream and Grandpa- what a great combination :)