Monday, December 1, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

I am so excited for Christmas this year!!  I think McKenna is the perfect age for it - little enough to think that everything about it is amazing and old enough to listen and not try to eat the decorations on the tree.  We had our annual Christmas FHE and it was great - decorated the tree, listened to Christmas carols, and ate plunkets!  Mmmmm.

McKenna's job was to fill up these little tin buckets with pine cones.  She loved helping out and made sure to bring them over for us to "see" each time she finished filling one.

Not sure what this face was for, but I thought it was cute!

Sorry Steve, it was either this picture or one where you looked like you were asleep.  I figured I'd go for the "really excited' look.

The finished tree.

The real reason for Christmas.  We finished off the night with the Christmas Story.  I'm not sure if McKenna got much out of it other than Jesus was a baby once and sheep were there, but at least it was something.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Lookin' great! McKenna is getting so big and those pictures are wonderful. Is this the new camera?

Anonymous said...

Just lovely, a nice tradition you have started. I have been watching for new pictures!!! xoxoxo Mom

Kay said...

Great pictures! It is always so exciting when you have children that look forward to it! We are excited to come up! Hope to be able to see you sometime! We hear you are busy, let us know! Have a great week!

Mary said...

Having your own kids makes Christmas so fun! Bridget spent most of last Christmas just redecorating the tree. Heck, what am I kidding? She's doing the same this year too, but I think it's so darn cute. Merry Christmas!

The Johnston's said...

So I actually had some free time and decided to check up on a few blogs...I can't believe how big McKenna is! Time sure does fly by. This is going to be a good year for us to. Our kids are finally starting to grasp the concept of almost everything. We also had our "Christmas FHE" and I think they (the boys) are starting to understand the true meaning now. It's so exciting to see how much kids grow and start to understand important things! Have a great Christmas!

Paula said...

Merry Christmas! McKenna is really cute. You have a great family! Can you email me your address? I would love to send you a Christmas card. Thanks!

Norine said...

So, sorry we didn't make it up! Happy Holidays. Love you all.

Christina said...

That second picture of her is just darling--you're getting good with your camera!

Anonymous said...

hey becky
you need to update! you can do it!