I'm not sure what I was expecting this Mother's Day... a card, gift, time alone, but I have this habit of building up my expectations on what I'd like to happen and then being sorely disappointed. I realized sometime on Saturday that being a Mom and enjoying Mother's Day is so much more than the cheesecake at church or a fancy gift or a day all by myself....
It's the everyday things about being a Mom that make it so great. Like the way Emmy woke up sick with a fever and when I went in the room the first thing she said when she looked up from her tummy was "mama". Or the way McKenna kept shouting "Happy Merry Mother's Day" at the top of her lungs in the parking lot at church. Or the fact that she sometimes yells "you're the biggest mommy of all" in public places - which I can only interpret to mean I'm the best mommy of all.
Despite how tiring and frustrating it can be at times, I'm so happy to have my girls. They make me a better person and they give me purpose. I cannot imagine my life without them.
On another note, I'm so grateful for my Mom. Since I've become a Mom I have so much more appreciation and love for her. She's been a best friend to me for years and I have so many good memories of her and I when I was growing up. She's been a great example and influence in my life and I believe I'd be a completely different person if it wasn't for her guidance and love. I love her so much.
1 comment:
This was a sweet post, but mostly I loved M's "you're the biggest mommy of them all" comment." I laughed pretty hard.
Post a Comment