Thursday, March 11, 2010

Too Silver and Gold

Well, I've been waiting for the day when McKenna will say those "cute things" that everyone is always quick to tell you about.

Lately her fascination with princesses is growing and as a result she's been talking about getting married, I'm not worried though because this is generally what the conversation is like:
McKenna "Mom, you're my best friend, I sure love you"
Me: "thanks McKenna, I love you too"
McKenna "you wanna marry me?"
Me: "of course I do"

I don't have the heart to tell her she can't marry me, or Dad, or Emmerson or Aunt Sheila, or the sister missionaries, or Grandma or Aunt Marli. Those are all the people that have made it on her "worthy to marry" list. Lucky us.

Another favorite:

Me:"McKenna let's go outside and play with the friends at the park"
McKenna: "No thanks Mommy, it's too silver and gold"
Me: "it's too silver and gold?"
McKenna: "yeah"

Maybe she is inventing her own "cockney" type language. Like how "dog and bone" means the phone in England, maybe her "silver and gold" means cold.

Her other favorite things to say don't make much sense but I still get a kick out of them.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Has she seen the Claymation Rudolph? The snowman sings a song about Silver & Gold, and I think the entire time during the song, it is snowing. :)

Mary said...

What a funny little character. Silver and gold make me want to stay in too.

Loved your last post--those days when you're all together just hanging out and having a good time. I bet McKenna had some lovely art. And Emmerson was drooling all over her saucer toys.