Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bugs & Butterflies

After much discussion, we decided on having a "bug and butterfly" theme birthday party for McKenna next week. We've been to a ballerina party and a princess party for her friends within the last few weeks so we thought we should do something different.

She's pretty excited about it and so am I. This is the first year she's had any input in regard to her birthday and it's also the first year she's really understanding what a birthday is.

We've made our invitations and we're off to start delivering them.




Here's the other debate: who do we invite?? her friends, her nursery class, her playgroup friends, my friend's kids?? It's hard to know what to do, but we decided to invite her nursery class - meaning all the kids her age from her church class. That's 8 three year olds, it'll be a full house but lots of fun!


3 comments:

Cait said...

McKenna is BEAUTIFUL! Seriously! And what a cute idea for a party, and really cute invitations. I love planning birthday parties.

DaVeeda West said...

I can't stop looking at the beautiful little darling. Can't wait to come up to celebrate a 3 year bday with her. Keep yourself healthy so you can manage your full day coming up. LOVE TO YOU ALL!!

Karen said...

i can't believe how much McKenna has grown up! She is soo cute!! Her hair is so adorable. I love how she asked to marry you!