Halloween was a lot of fun this year. We started off the day with our H1N1 vaccinations - I'm so glad we waited in line because now they're reporting they have shut down all Albertan vaccination clinics. Our wait was just over 5 hours in total and it went by really fast and really smoothly. The girls were great - Emmerson slept most of the time and McKenna enjoyed watching movies on a portable DVD player. Here's hoping our bodies kick into gear and make those antibodies before we're exposed.
After our vaccinations we came home for a quick potty break - for all of us, but mostly McKenna, who by the way is doing excellent with potty training. Dry all day and all night - no pull ups or diapers, but we are still working on the poops. I'm sure it'll come in time.
After out potty break we went to Denny's for some delicious late morning breakfast. This is by far my new favorite kid restaurant - McKenna loved her waffles and fruit and the waitress didn't mind at all that we ended up just sharing everything.
After Denny's it was home for some down-time before the big night. McKenna and Steve watched Cinderella and I made dinner and got everthing ready for our friends and family to come over.
After our vaccinations we came home for a quick potty break - for all of us, but mostly McKenna, who by the way is doing excellent with potty training. Dry all day and all night - no pull ups or diapers, but we are still working on the poops. I'm sure it'll come in time.
After out potty break we went to Denny's for some delicious late morning breakfast. This is by far my new favorite kid restaurant - McKenna loved her waffles and fruit and the waitress didn't mind at all that we ended up just sharing everything.
After Denny's it was home for some down-time before the big night. McKenna and Steve watched Cinderella and I made dinner and got everthing ready for our friends and family to come over.
McKenna and her friends decorated Halloween cookies. Sugar cookies are by far the best part of Halloween for me.
After pictures they were out the door for trick-o-treating. Our neighbor Veronica and friend Benson joined McKenna going door to door. Fun was had by all and the weather was actually great by Alberta standards.
This morning McKenna woke up at 6am for a potty break and afterwards asked to wear her costume again. I obliged, and she happily put it on and went back to bed. I haven't heard a peep from her since. I'm not sure if we'll be able to get it off before church.
Hope you all had a great Halloween too!
3 comments:
Those pictures of Emmerson are darling. She certainly looks like a happy baby!
Those are such adorable jammies for Emmerson! She really does look like one happy baby! What a cute little puppy you have too!
You are such an awesome mom! Those cookies looked delicious.
At least you have pictures of Emmerson while she is awake- I might not believe you that it happens! Thanks for letting us crash the party. It was our best halloween yet!
Post a Comment