Sunday, March 15, 2009

Birthdays & BBQ

We've not been up to too much lately in the Kunn household. Steve had his 31st birthday yesterday and we celebrated with a big DQ crispy crunch blizzard (his favorite flavor). I was working and he had a church activity that night so it was pretty low key. I guess this is where I should insert a large paragraph that tells everyone how wonderful he is and how blessed I am to have him in my life..... unfortunately I hate reading things like that about others so I'm not going to subject you to that. If you know Steve, you know he's a great guy, enough said.

We went to the zoo on Saturday with Aunt Marli which was great fun. We put McKenna in some older clothes and gum boots and let her play in all the puddles. She loved it and I thought "why not" even though a lot of other parents thought we were crazy to let her get so wet. Kids love puddles so who I am to limit her childhood experience. I'm sure one day I'll change my mind. We brought a change of pants and socks, in anticipation of the puddles, and she was dry and happy in the van on the way home. No harm done.




McKenna has been and continues to be a constant talker. Her favorite phrases lately are "oh man!", "I don't know", "where are you", and any of the lyrics to any of the Backyardigan songs. She's been really picking up on the kid's songs as well lately and does pretty good singing along to Baa Baa black sheep and Old MacDonald. We're getting ready for her birthday, which is coming up in a week and a half. I can't believe she's 2 years old already.

Baby #2 seems to be growing well. She's measuring big for how far along I am, which isn't encouraging when I couldn't push McKenna out on my own and she always measured small. Hopefully this baby slows down in the growing area as time goes on. The only other difference between this pregnancy and McKenna is that with McKenna all I wanted to eat was seafood whereas this baby is all about the BBQ and red meat - which is very atypical of me. Our menu's this past week have been roast beef, BBQ beef, pork chops, and tomorrow is ribs. We're eating very well and maybe that's why this baby is measuring so big. If anyone has some good BBQ type recipes, I'd love to have them.


3 comments:

DaVeeda West said...

What a good mom, to let her enjoy the puddles and still be prepared to have her be warm and happy!! It will be fun to be at the party!

Paula said...

Hi Becky! I can't believe McKenna is almost 2! Anya just turned 2 in January and it is still strange for me how fast it went. You're such a good mom, she's very lucky. It's great that you get down to the ranch so often-we hardly ever make it down anymore!

Mary said...

This girl won't touch sticky, but she'll get all wet?! My kind of girl! We live in the capitol of wet and I have to encourage my girl to make an actual splash in the puddles. McKenna is going to be one Fun lady!