Sunday, March 22, 2009

Birthday Party!

McKenna loves pizza, just like her Dad.

Cousin Taylor with her friend

Rylee and McKenna

"The guys" as McKenna calls them: Zack and Jacob

Opening presents. She really understood the whole present opening and was happy to go get them and bring them over to open them.

We asked McKenna if she wanted a bunny cake or butterfly cupcakes and this is what she chose.

She was super cute when we sang to her. I think she knew that we were singing just for her and she was a little bashful about it all. I had to blow out the candles for her or else they would have singed what little hair she has.

Digging in. Like most kids she only ate the icing on the top.

She loved all her gifts, especially her Pablo train from Grandma Kunn.

It was a great day for all of us. McKenna had a great time and really enjoyed the whole party. I'm really not sure if she understood what it was about, but she had fun anyways. Thanks everyone that made it and helped celebrate along with us.

3 comments:

The Johnston's said...

How fun! I love the cupcakes! Did you make them? I was trying to find an idea to incorporate butterflies into my daughters birthday cupcakes next week, I might have to TRY and steal your idea! Way cute!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos! It looks like McKenna enjoyed her special day and being surrounded by family and friends. I'm sorry I missed the celebration. Auntie Mar :)

Mary said...

Uhhmm . . . what is your wall color? I am loving your green! Seriously, could you tell me the paint color/number? :)

What a fun day and wow Becky---you went all out on those cupcakes!! Those care way too cute. I love how she has to have both hands to hold the cupcake to her little mouth. Happy 2nd McKenna!