Emmerson is growing very well. The health nurse was shocked when I brought her in at 2 days old and instead of losing weight she had gained 3 ounces. Let's just say there is a lot of milk available for her and she's a really good eater. She sleeps a lot (that's my saving grace) and she's starting to get a pretty good little schedule going that works with the rest of the family. She still looks a lot like McKenna, but she definitely has more of my features than Steve's (unattached earlobes, bum chin, and more petite hands and feet). I can't wait for her to grow up more so I can get to know her and she can develop into her own person.
McKenna is still a great big sister. She's gentle, helpful, and for the most part understanding that Emmerson does need to take up some of Mom and Dad's time. She loves to sing, run and dance and is constantly on the move. She insists on having a penny in her hand when she goes to sleep - I guess this shouldn't surprise me given that she is a daughter of a Financial Advisor - she wants to keep her money close by. She has also insisted on sleeping with her sunglasses on. We try and sneak in and take them off in the night but she wakes up immediately and asks for them. She wears us both out at the end of the day and I'm so grateful she's a good sleeper. I hope Emmerson follows suit with that.
Steve is busy with work. I thought having a baby in the summer was a good idea because last summer his business was quite slow, but unfortunately that's not the case this year. It's a good sign though that his business is growing and therefore more likely that I won't have to return to work in a year.
I am in love with my two girls. They are amazing in so many ways and I love being home with them. I feel like having a two kids is exponentially easier than having one because this time I know what I'm doing and all the adjustments seem so much easier.
I'm still trying to learn more about photography in all my free time so I can take better pictures of my family. I think I may sign up for a photography class or two once things settle down around our house. I'm also looking into some kind of class (yoga or pilates) to join in the fall so I can get out of the house on my own and interact with some other adults. We'll see what I come up with.
Plans for summer: stay close to home and the ranch where we're comfortable and there are lots of family and friends to help us out. We have been so blessed to have so many people serve and help us over the past 2 and a half weeks. Our church members have been amazing as have our family, neighbors and friends. Tonight will be the first time I've had to cook a meal since Emmerson came home. Thank you to all those who have helped us out.
On a sad note we have lost our cat Chili. I have been in denial that she is actually gone, but it's been almost 3 weeks since she disappeared and it doesn't seem likely she'll return. She was a fantastic pet and will be missed.
Sorry there are no pictures with this post. I am hoping to take some of the girls this weekend and will post those soon.
2 comments:
We definitely need to see more pictures! So glad to hear you're doing well!
That's too bad about Chili! Sounds like everything else is going well though! It's so neat hearing how the girls look the same, but with their differences - makes me wonder what the rest of our kids will look like :)
Take care!!
Post a Comment