Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Dad

It's been a busy summer for our family. My oldest brother moved back to Mt. View and is building a house on the ranch, my other brother moved to Utah, my sister met a guy and married him, and to top it off my Dad had a mild heart attack. It was a shock to us all as he is such a healthy active guy but I guess sometimes that's not enough. He had a quadruple bypass this morning here in Calgary and seems to be doing well so far. My mom is with him and he hasn't woken up yet, but everything seemed to have gone well with the surgery and we're hoping for a quick and uneventful recovery. We've had tons of family support through it all and we're happy he's doing as well as he is.

4 comments:

Proud Momma said...

I'm sorry to hear about your dad! I hope everything goes okay and you're in my prayers you guys:)

The Johnston's said...

Oh my goodness becky! What a shock! I'm glad to hear your dad is doing well, but that is still pretty scary. Our prayers are with your family.

Mary said...

What?! We send our best to your dear Dad.

Paula said...

Wow, I am sorry to hear that! What a scary thing to have happen. I hope he is doing better now...You are so positive and strong in trials.