McKenna and I decided to spend a week down at Grandma & Grandpa West's!
McKenna absolutely loves being outdoors and we did a lot of morning excursions out and around the area.
We decided to hike Lake Linnett which is just a little walk around a lake below the Prince of Wales Hotel. McKenna has been really keen on learning her animal noises lately so when she started growling out of the blue I at first didn't think much of it, until I realized that to her growling means either lion, tiger, or bear. Because the former two obviously weren't a possibility I started looking around for a little furry brown friend and sure enough about 15 yards away there was a baby bear sitting on a rock watching us. I wish I was more calm and would have taken a picture of the little guy, but as soon as I saw him I just said "Grandma start walking!"
and we were out of there.
We did a lot of playing in the water because the weather was so hot.
We found the perfect little beach down by the marina and McKenna had a great time digging and wading.
She also loved the playground. I must admit it almost made me teary
taking her to all the places that I use to play at when I was a kid.
I guess that starts to happen as you get older.
And finally we stopped off at the infamous Gopher Gulch (or Emerald Bay as most people call it), for more digging and drinking.
4 comments:
How fun! I bet McKenna had such a blast. Whoever knew that gravel and rocks could be so entertaining? She's at such a fun stage and the Ranch is such an enchanted place. I bet it is so fun to take your kid back to where you grew up. She is a cutie Becky.
What a cutie pie! I didn't even know you had a blog. Glad I found ya!
I didn't know you had a blog! And Mckenna look SO cute walking! She's lost so much of her chub, But she's still SO cute!!! Hope you guys are doing well!
How fun to go and spend some time down with the grandparents. Mckenna is such a cutie patootie, I can't believe how big she is getting.
Post a Comment